Two cover designs from Eliash Strongowski’s 30 Days—30 Covers project.
My thanks once again to Dennis Cooper for placing this blog on his end-of-year lists. Meanwhile. one of the albums I designed earlier this year, Cold Mission by Logos, made the 30 Best Album Covers of 2013 list at FACT.
• “Many of their more outlandish ideas never saw fruition: an organ powered by an entire factory, an electro-acoustic orchestra mounted on a fleet of airplanes.” Colin McSwiggen reviews Sound in Z: Experiments in Sound and Electronic Music in Early 20th Century Russia by Andrey Smirnov.
• Queer Pagan Punk, a major film retrospective of the work of Derek Jarman, will take place in February and March 2014 at the BFI Southbank, London.
• “For over forty years, Iain Sinclair’s work has combined obsessive myth-making with urban despair. But what do we know about him?” asks Fatema Ahmed.
• “Rather than trying to intercept alien communications, perhaps we should go looking for alien artefacts.”
• BEEP BEEP. BLOOP BLEEP: Road Runner cartoons soundtracked by a Eurorack synthesizer.
• Historia Discordia: Documenting the Origins, History & Chaos of the Discordian Society.
Pink Boy by Melinda Gebbie.
• Suffered From The Night: Queering Stoker’s Dracula edited by Steve Berman.
• At Dangerous Minds: An interview with soundtrack composer Cliff Martinez.
• Sarah Schoenfeld puts recreational drugs under the microscope.
• Powerplant Art-déco, a set of photos by Romain Veillon.
• Adrian Curry chooses the best film posters of 2013.