Blue Sky Noise (2010) by Esao Andrews.
• Top 10 Anti-Gay Activists Caught Being Gay. Related: “Fuck your feelings,” in which columnist Dan Savage gets righteously impatient when a correspondent complains. As Savage says, people who use their faith as a stick to beat gay people contribute to an atmosphere of intolerance in which kids are bullied for being gay (or appearing to be), or transgender, or merely different, and kill themselves as a result. Over the past couple of weeks there’s been an upsurge of US media attention to the most recent suicides; Savage inaugurated the It Gets Better project in order to help. Also related: God Loves Poetry.
Meigh (2010) by Esao Andrews.
• Antony Hegarty enthuses about Shoot Yer Load, one of the scurrilous 12″ singles released by my Savoy colleagues in the 1980s. Antony and the Johnsons have a new album out, Swanlights, on Secretly Canadian.
• When the future of music was a rainbow hued parabola: book designer John Gall collects old synthesizer manuals.
• Fantastic Memories (1944) by Maurice Sandoz, illustrated by Salvador Dalí.
• Urban optometry: life as a London crane operator at BLDGBLOG.
• Today is 10/10/10 which means it’s Powers of Ten Day.
• Art Nouveau: a virtual exhibition.