Table-Tipping Workshop at Rev. Jane’s House, Erie, Pennsylvania, 2014 by Shannon Taggart.
• Orson Welles’ The Other Side of the Wind may now be released by Netflix. (I’m restraining my excitement for the moment since this one has been a long time arriving.)
• Making sense of The Weird and the Eerie: Roger Luckhurst reviews the final book from the late Mark Fisher.
• Pye Corner Audio has been very productive this year (I’m not complaining); the latest release is The Spiral.
• “I don’t like acceptance,” says Cosi Fanni Tutti, “it makes me think I’ve done something wrong.”
• Jon Brooks on the Continental inspiration for his next album, Autres Directions.
• Séance: Spiritualist Ritual and the Search for Ectoplasm by Shannon Taggart.
• Corny and clichéd: Matthew Bown on bad painting in the twentieth century.
• At Wormwoodiana: Douglas A. Anderson on Borges and a forgotten book.
• At the BFI: Samuel Wigley chooses 10 great films set in the jungle.