Poster by Will Bradley for Victor Bicycles (c. 1895).
• G. Wayne Clough, chief exective of the Smithsonian Institution, finally admits that he made a hasty decision in removing David Wojnarowicz’s video from the Hide/Seek exhibition of gay art. Related: “Finland’s cultural gifts to the world include Sibelius, the Moomins and an artist that the country has been less eager to celebrate.” The belated homecoming of Tom of Finland.
• The Fiend with Twenty Faces: Jonathan Clements examines the legacy of Edogawa Rampo (Hirai Taro), the Japanese master of mystery and imagination.
• “Ruin photos speak to our desperate desire to have our world re-enchanted.”
Promo poster by Hapshash and the Coloured Coat for My White Bicycle by Tomorrow (1967).
• The Raging Peloton: Iain Sinclair on two wheels good, four wheels bad.
• The unknown Jorge Luis Borges: five new anthologies reviewed.
• Electrotypes on Drugs: old chemists’ labels.
• South China Sea Pishkun by Dinh Q. Lê.