Photo by Roger Phillips, 1977.
• “…these films seem decidedly more modern than the films that followed close behind them.” Pamela Hutchinson on pre-code Hollywood.
• Space travel is time travel: NASA shows us galaxies as they were billions of years ago.
• Reverb Machine explains how Brian Eno created Ambient 1: Music For Airports.
• At Dennis Cooper’s: Spotlight on…Yukio Mishima Confessions of a Mask (1949).
• Mix of the week: The Chill Out Tent Kosmische Mix by Tarotplane.
• Old music: The Glastonbury Experience (Live 1979) by Steve Hillage.
• Deep Space 13: Stephen Mallinder’s favourite soundtracks.
• Sex and pathology: David Robb on 80 years of Cat People.
• New music: Expo Botanica by Cosmic Analog Ensemble.