The Death of American Spirituality (1987) by David Wojnarowicz.
• Dau: “Art imitating life on an unprecedented scale”. Siddhant Adlakha on a colossal Russian feature-film project that sounds like a real-life equivalent of Synecdoche, New York. Adlakha’s piece, which claims that Dau is finished, was written a year ago but there’s still no sign of the film itself. Wikipedia has more details and links.
• Metropolis Magazine from Phantasm Press is a facsimile republication of the 32-page theatre programme produced for the UK premier of Fritz Lang’s feature film.
• Grand Panorama of a Whaling Voyage ’Round the World (1848) by Benjamin Russell & Caleb Purrington is the longest painting in North America.
• “This summer, there is only one book to take to the Terminal Beach”: Applied Ballardianism: Memoir from a Parallel Universe by Simon Sellars.
• “La série des Fredi en trois volumes est une étude sincère et consciencieuse de l’inversion sexuelle.”
• “The Book was Mallarmé’s total artwork, a book to encompass all books,” says Sylvia Gorelick.
• At BLDGBLOG: Graphic Inferno, art by Rico Lebrun based on Dante’s Divine Comedy.
• “Dealing with creative block? A deck of cards might help,” says Abigail Cain.