Later today, boys and girls…
Jay Babcock’s interview with Godsmack (a big band in America, apparently…) about the use of their music in ads for the US military caused quite a stir earlier this month after the band had a hissy fit and put the phone down on him. I posted the interview here and the Arthur magazine page below has over 200 comments discussing the whole business. So far the debate has generated more heat than light so the radio discussion is most welcome.
ARTHUR ON “AIRAMERICARADIO” NETWORK, WEDNESDAY MAY 31.
Thanks to the efforts of PressHere’s Chloe Walsh, Arthur editor Jay Babcock will be guest on national progressive radio network AirAmericaRadio’s ‘The Marc Maron Show’ on Wednesday, May 31. He’ll be discussing the ARTHUR VS GODSMACK kerfuffle and also Arthur’s forthcoming “So Much Fire to Roast Human Flesh” CD (curated by JOSEPHINE FOSTER) which will **benefit ANTI-MILITARY RECRUITING campaigns**.
It’s going to be AWESOME.
• Info on the show:
• AirAmerica radio network stations:
• Listeners on the internet can stream live at
• Alternatively you can stream starting at 11p.m. PST from the Los Angeles Air America Radio affiliate KTLK 1150-AM’s website at www.ktlkam1150.com/pages/streaming.html
• Transcript of the original Arthur v Godsmack interview (May 1, 2006), with Introduction, Afterword and Footnotes: www.arthurmag.com/magpie/?p=1244
• Howie Klein commentary at The Huffington Post (May 8, 2006):
• New York Daily News on Arthur vs Godsmack (May 10, 2006):
• CNN Headline News’s ‘Showbiz Tonight’ interviews Godsmack on controversy – transcript (May 11, 2006):
• Streaming audio of Arthur vs Godsmack interview (May 1, 2006) (courtesy Apollo Audio and Bobby Tamkin):
• MP3 of the Arthur vs Godsmack interview (May 1, 2006) (courtesy Crooksandliars.com and Bobby Tamkin):